Saturday, August 6, 2011

To Do List: For my Short Lifetime


I was thinking lately what I really wanted in LIFE. I have always believed that one should do things because he wants to do it, not just because he can do it or these are the only things that he can do. This will be my first post after a 6-month-hiatus, so I might as well post a not-so-public list that I want to attain. The list goes like this:

1. Manage own business. Be a CAPITALIST.
As a graduate of Political Science, I have been exposed to the the disadvantages of capitalism and to the perception of how flawed it really is. I would like to go with the flow this time, though. I'll look for other means where I can channel my service--not through the abolition of the flawed system--but through entering into the system and institution itself. But before that, I want to attain personal desires first, and being an entrepreneur and a businessman will answer that. Moreover, my personality fits the career so well. Just in case you do not know, I don't want to have a boss. I want to do things my own, so better yet I attain this goal of mine. :) Now na!

2. Found a group of Advocates for an advocacy, preferably for the environment.
Climate Change has been a constant topic of tabloids and newspapers lately, but my advocacy will not be focused on that. Bottoms-up approach as a framework will define my advocacy on tree-planting, most especially on water-deficient areas such as Cebu and some parts of Mindanao.

3. Learn how DIVE and DRIVE.
I have always been frustrated with the former because much as how I am good at swimming, that is exact opposite of how bad I am at diving. Looks easy, but it's really very hard because of my body structure. I have a really big lower limbs, makes me heavier in the lower part than the other half. On the latter, I have been envying my once best friend Eben in his driving skills. I wanna go places ya know, and having a fast car will give me a ticket to anywhere.

4. Audition for a REALITY SHOW.
Would that be singing, dance, or a plain drama reality show, I would really love to audition for it. I have once auditioned for singing and dancing competitions, but I want to raise the level of my curiosity to a higher level. I wanna go national or international. LOL

5. Sing at a Bar (in a high chair)............ or at a Wedding
I wannu go formal this time. I wannu go chilling, or serenading a couple's heart. I sing, but I do it most of the time in the karaoke or the bathroom. This time I wanna sing on formal occasions and on formal audience.

6. Surf. Or Skim.
I LOVE THE BEACH. Really. I tried skimming once, and I really sucked at it. It hurt my chest, and scratched my tummy and arms. I sucked at it, but I wanna try some more. I love surfing. I love big waves, and I prefer raging and raving waves over a relatively peaceful waters. SO yeah, need I say more?

7. RIDE A BANANA BOAT.
I Love the thrill that it gives me, well at least when I am looking at the riders. I wanna try that one with my friends who don't even know how to swim and look at their fearing expressions upon the tumbling of the boat. I am evil, I know.

8. Go to Venice.
Venice just gave me an oh-so-good feeling. I once dreamt that I went there, and when I woke up I felt like crying. I don't wannu leave, but I have to wake up. Nuff said, I wanna go to the so-called sinking city and try whether my swimming powers will work there.

9. Be a UN Volunteer. Or a National Geographic Researcher.
This should top my list (although this ironically I put in the last portion). I am a people-, extrovert-introvert-, high profile-, outgoing-, spontaneous- and risky-person. When I get this dream job of mine, I will treat you all with my love. :D

10. (I nearly forgot this one) I want to be with you.
AGAIN, NEED I SAY MORE?


So yeah, that will be my first post for now. Keep tuned. See you sa next post. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment