Saturday, August 6, 2011

This I Listened for 3 Long Hours

YOU and ME - Parachute. You familiar with this song? How about the artist? Still doesn't ring a bell? That's exactly the same reaction I had when a close friend of mine introduced to me the song. (and BTW, he's so mainstream, and gay. XD) I didn't appreciate it the first time, yes, but having it heard for the second and for the third and for the nth time created an impact on my long list of not-so-famous-favorite songs. TADA!!! If I had my iTunes functional. this song will brim its way up to top 5 or top 3 most played.

Song's about the concept of the Madonna-Lady-Gaga-Britney-Spears-Lidsay-Lohan' "me against the world," only that this time there's a YOU, making it YOU and ME agaisnt the world. (that was a very intelligent statement I got there huh. haha) There was this guy having a dream and along with him is his girl (or his guy) doing the act of stealing, and yes, the world goes against them. That would be the very literal meaning of the song, though. I leave your interpretation to you.

(i thought embedding YouTube Vids is no longer allowed. Well, anyway, here's the video of the song. hope you appreciate it.)




"Oh I keep waking up in an empty bed,
and it's reminding me of all the things I should have said,
and all we could have had."

2 comments:

Shannon Daffy said...

i like your blog! >.<

Cris Virgil Pescadero said...

wow. thanks. :) got more posts to come. :)

Post a Comment