Friday, October 14, 2011

When I die, then I die loving you


Last Wednesday, I was tasked to go to a place unknown to me, or at least a place I've never been to. I went to Tuburan without any knowledge about the place--how to get there, how it is there, how the people live there, how the road is paved, etc. Point is, 'twas the first time that I've heard of such place and I took it a challenge to go there, not to get lost but to somewhat listen, explore and witness stories, and create adventure.

It was never an upset. Waking up early was the first challenge I had. (HAHA) You see, I had my alarm set at 6:30 so I could have my trip earlier, ergo earlier task done. I woke an hour (and seven minutes) after, though. The next challenge was to figure out how to get to the place without getting lost, or getting a safe transport to and fro. I went to the North Bus Terminal, and was startled by the sizes of the buses that routes to Tuburan. They were small, crunk-y and non-reliable-according-to-its-face-value buses (di masaligan), so I went on asking some konduktor to tell me the safest way possible to get to the place.

Hurriedly, I jumped into a Ceres Liner Jagnaya route, then dropped at Eskina Nogo where I have to take another bus going to Tuburan. I had to take another bus (which was huot and very small btw) to Tuburan, and had to finish some interviews with Municipal Officials and Personnel. Tasked done, and presto, I'm ready to take my way home.

While waiting for my V-Hire to go, I sat in terminal just beside a couple around their seventies or eighties. They were sitting there, as if waiting for someone to come, with their hands holding each other's. They were talking to each other, laughing at times, arguing at times, but you could see that were all smiles all the time. They sat there for almost an hour, and I just stared at them happily as they share stories that I even barely hear.

In the looks of their faces, I could say that they are not well-endowed. The woman wore a normal saya up to her feet and a polo shirt, while the man wore a pair of striped jeans and a long-sleeved top tucked in, perfected with a muddy high-cut leather shoes. They were living poorly, but by the look in their eyes, you could say that they were contented with each other's company.

Almost an hour passed, and they went their way. The man had trouble going 2 steps down (the terminal is elevated two steps up) so the woman came to rescue, telling her husband to hurry, as if angry, but never minded to help him anyway. They walked their ways, and I told myself that rarely will I see that scene again, or that will be the last time that I'll be seeing that and such a couple again. I smiled at the sight of them, and it reminded me a song from Yellowcard entitled Dear Bobbie (the video is below.) Click here for lyrics.

Forty-five minutes later, we departed from Tuburan via Trans-Central Highway Route. Just thirty minutes immediately after we went, I saw the same old couple walking all their way to the fields of Tuburan. I thought they were having the jeepney from transport. I was wrong. They were walking from the terminal up to that point where I saw them. They looked weary and tired from walking.

They were poor. They had no money to take the jeep or bus. They were weary.They were tired. But nevertheless, they had each other. :)


2 comments:

joyce said...

kuya! nice kaayo!

Cris Virgil Pescadero said...

thanks joyce! :D

Post a Comment