Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sayaw-E for Cookout

It's been a while since I blogged about any random stuff. Now I will be talking about the annual event in UP, the Cookout, and my performing organization, Sayaw-E. This year, Cookout is themed at "MMX: Magpakabana, Manginlabot to the Extreme." For the details of the said event, please see the image below.



This year's theme will address the apathy not only among UP Students but for the whole community as well. Integrated in the different Cookout segments, the issues to be tackled will also serve as basis for judging. For Kantahan-POPathy, apathy will be dealt with as songs are sung. For Bandahan, a Makabayan song will be played aside from the mainstream rock/band songs. For Sayawan-Take it to the Streets, the hiphop-ish dances will reflect how UP students take issues not only to the streets but into different medium as well. Most importanly, the Rampahan-Para sa PNoy will see through the aspirations of a UP student to the newly instituted adminsitration.

Also this year, Sayaw-e (short for Sayaw Evolution) will be joining the Sayawan Segment. This will be our chance to regain the title since we lost it to Hugpong (which actually I am a member of) during last year's Cookout. (Darn, I should have danced last year, but because I am part of the Student Council, I was not allowed to join any segment.) I hope we'll do good. This is my last Cookout as a student, I could've joined all segments (which actually cannot happen because the prod team allowed a participant to join at most 2 segments, and also because I am still part of the SC, or at least a not-so-significant part of the SC).


Cookout 2010, here we come!

p.s. If you want a ticket for the event, contact me at +639329471783 or cris_virgil@yahoo.com.

-Cris Virgil Pescadero-

0 comments:

Post a Comment